Macro Laser Center
The Marco Laser Center of the New England Eye Center is a world leader in the development and clinical application of ophthalmic lasers. Virtually all clinical and investigational laser technologies are available to staff members.
Current technologies available include:
Cornea and Anterior Segment Surgery
- excimer laser for LASIK, PRK, PTK
- Q-switched Nd:YAG laser
- holmium laser thermal keratoplasty
- argon, diode and frequency doubled Nd:YAG lasers for iridectomy and trabeculoplasty, gonioplasty, goniophotocoagulation, bleb revision and laser suture lysis.
- pulsed Nd:YAG laser for iridectomy and trabeculopuncture
- holmium, erbium, continuous wave Nd:YAG and diode lasers for sclerectomy
- erbium laser for trabecular ablation
- erbium laser for phacoablation
- cyclophotocoagulation for advanced glaucoma
- full capability for performing Nd:YAG laser microsurgery (e.g. capsulotomy, iridotomy) with infants and children in the supine position with general anesthesia
Retina and Vitreoretinal Surgery
- continous wave, argon multiwavelength laser: spectral range 514, 521, 531, 568 and 647 nm
- high powered continuous wave, semiconductor diode laser for slit lamp photocoagulation
- dye enhanced macular photocoagulation using diode laser
- argon endophotocoagulation and argon photocoagulation
- diode endophotocoagulation and diode photocoagulation
- continuous wave, frequency doubled Nd:YAG laser (532 nm)
- argon and diode indirect ophthalmoscope delivery systems (outpatient and operating room)
- picosecond lasers for vitreolysis
- pulsed erbium lasers for vitreous surgery
The clinical laser center is complemented by a fully equipped laser and electro-optics research facility.
Jean M. McGeary, RN, BSN is the Marco Laser Center Clinical Coordinator. The Marco Laser Center can be reached by telephone at 617-636-3219.