The Orthoptic Service is an integral part of the pediatric ophthalmology and ocular motility team. The Orthoptist provides a full range of diagnostic services to the referring physician.
The focus of Orthoptics is to thoroughly evaluate a patient’s binocular status. This is accomplished with specialized testing to determine any underlying disorder of the visual, motor and sensory systems of the eye. This service is provided for children, as well as adults with strabismus.
Orthoptic services available include:
- Complex strabismus evaluation
- Pre-operative evaluation
- Pre-operative prism adaptation test
- Complex double vision evaluation and treatment with prisms
- Amblyopia treatment
- Convergence insufficiency exercises
- Intermittent Exotropia exercises