and Ocular Motility (Strabismus)
The Pediatric Ophthalmology and Ocular Motility (Strabismus) service provides care for a wide variety of ocular problems and visual disorders in children, as well as adults with strabismus.
Our office is located on the sixth floor of Floating Hospital for Childen at Tufts Medical Center (755 Washington St. Boston, MA). Our direct appointment line is 617-636-6769.
A full complement of diagnostic and therapeutic modalities are available, including:
- Refractive error (nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism)
- Amblyopia (or "lazy eye") evaluation and treatment
- Strabismus (crossed eyes, wandering eyes)
- Abnormal fusion, depth perception, and other sensory abnormalilties
- Convergence insufficiency
- Double vision
- Infections or inflammations of the eye and orbit (e.g., conjunctivitis, cellulitis)
- Blocked tear ducts
- Retinopathy of Prematurity
- Juvenile cataracts
- Injuries to the eye
- Eye problems associated with genetic conditions
- Eye screening for juvenile diabetics and juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
- Eye problems associated with thyroid disorders
- Adjustable sutures
- Topical anesthesia in selected adult strabismus patients
- Pre-operative prism adaptation to increase surgical precision
- Binocular vision assessments
- Pediatric contact lens services for selected eye disorders
The Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus Service is located in the same office as the Electrophysiology Service, which measures vision in preverbal children using visual evoked potentials and preferential looking techniques.
Pediatric patients with cataracts, glaucoma, corneal and retinal disorders are provided a full range of diagnostic and therapeutic services in conjunction with other New England Eye Center sub-specialty areas.
Schedule an appointment or contact us at 617-636-6769.