New England Eye Center – Boston
Offices: 260 Tremont Street
Biewend Building, 9th-11th Floors
Pediatric Ophthalmology: 755 Washington Street
Floating Hospital for Children, 6th Floor
Direct phone: 617-636-6769
Mailing Address: 800 Washington St., Box 450; Boston, MA 02111
Chair, Department of Ophthalmology, Tufts University School of Medicine
New England Eye Center – Boston is the main office for the large ophthalmology practice which serves the region with seven additional community locations throughout Eastern Massachusetts. The Boston office offers a full range of comprehensive specialty services for adults and children. Our patients are referred from all over New England, and sometimes across the globe, to see some of our specialists who have international reputations for their expertise.
As part of Tufts Medical Center, we offer sophisticated clinical, research and educational opportunities in ophthalmology. Our experienced physicians and staff take great pride in offering state-of-the-art, patient-centered care with the latest in diagnostic and treatment options.
Our offices for adult ophthalmology care are on three floors in the Biewend Building near the entrance to the Boch (formerly Wang) Performing Arts Center on Tremont Street. Most pediatric ophthalmology services are provided in the Floating Hospital for Children which is connected to the Biewend Building and the main hospital.
Getting to New England Eye Center
The New England Eye Center’s main office for adult care is located on the 9th-11th floors of the Biewend Building at Tufts Medical Center. The office is at 260 Tremont Street in the Theater District of downtown Boston.
The Pediatric practice of New England Eye Center is on the 6th floor of the Floating Hospital for Children. The main entrance is located at 755 Washington Street in Boston.
Parking is conveniently located in the Tremont Street Garage, next to the Boch (Wang)Performing Arts Center. The garage is also accessible from Washington Street, next to the Floating Hospital. There is inside access to both the Biewend and Floating buildings from the garage.
Public Transportation: New England Eye Center is easily accessible by public transportation, and has its own stop on the MBTA Orange line. See the link below for detailed instructions on MBTA routes.
Cataract Surgery in Boston
Our Boston location also offers residents professional cataract surgery. Since cataracts are easier to treat when they are caught early. If you think you experiencing cataract symptoms, don’t hesitate to contact our offices today. We make sure our cataract patients get back to having the vision that they want.
Eye Doctors & Ophthalmologists in Boston, MA
- Cataracts: Commonly caused by aging, a cataract can be removed only through surgery. Common symptoms include weak night vision, blurry vision, sensitivity to light, and a fading or yellowing of colors.
- Cornea & External Disease: Symptoms of a damaged cornea include blurry vision, double vision & even blindness. If you’re concerned about your cornea, schedule a consultation today! We offer keratoplasty as well as management of corneal ulcers and more.
- Oculoplastics: We proudly offer reconstructive surgery as well as cosmetic treatments & procedures. Call our office today to learn more about our services, including BOTOX, Juvederm, & Eyelid Reconstructive Surgery.
- Glaucoma: If you think you may have Glaucoma, don’t wait to find out! Schedule a consultation today if you are experiencing halos around your eyes, blurry vision, or vision loss.
- Optometry: The Optometry Specialists at New England Eye Center are proud to offer patients comprehensive ocular examinations, ocular treatment, cosmetic contact lens care, and more!
- Vision Correction Surgery: New England Eye Center is proud to offer LASIK Vision Correction Eye Surgery. This painless procedure uses lasers to reshape the cornea, fixing vision issues like nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism.
- Retinal & Macular Diseases: We treat various retinal & macular diseases, including age-related macular degeneration (AMD), macular hole, diabetic retinopathy, intraocular tumors, & more!
Order contact lenses from us ONLINE — sign up in our Boston office for an account through which you can order your replacement lenses.
Click here for public transportation information
Referring Physicians: Click here to download the Boston Referral Form