The Optical Shop at New England Eye Center in Boston
The Optical Shop is available at Tufts Medical Center & New England Eye Center to provide patients with optical needs such as eyeglasses, prescription sunglasses, contact lenses and more!
Our Certified and Licensed Opticians share over 45 years of experience helping Boston patients find the best pair of eyeglasses and frames. We offer a complete and comprehensive service to provide the highest level of personalized care to all of our patients.
COVID Protocols at our Optical Shop
Our world has changed due to COVID-19. New England Eyewear would like to share some of the safety measures we’ve implemented to ensure the safety of our patients and employees.
Our employees adhere to health and safety protocols, in line with CDC guidelines, and wear masks the entire time they’re in the office. Our patients will be required to do the same, without exception.
We are limiting the number of guests in the office in accordance with social distancing guidelines. As a result, appointments are necessary to be seen. We will not be able to accommodate visitors to the office at this time.
All surfaces are cleaned after every patient and all products, including tools used to take measurements and pens, are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized after use.
All frames are thoroughly cleaned after each guest tries them on. Additionally, all frames are cleaned prior to dispense as well as prior to any and all adjustments being made.
New England Eyewear is working diligently to ensure your experience is pleasant and safe, all without sacrificing the quality and service that you’ve come to expect from us. We look forward to seeing you soon!
What brands do we carry?
At New England Eyewear you can expect to see a variety of brands to fit your unique look. Whether you’re looking for mainstream brands such as Kate Spade, Ray-Ban or Jimmy Choo or local brands, we have something for every personality!
Eyeglass Lenses and Lens Types Available
- Plastic/CR-39 – The starting point for simple prescriptions.
- Polycarbonate/Phoenix/Trivex – These lenses are lighter and thinner than their plastic counterpart. They’re also impact resistant making them a natural choice for children, law enforcement officers and sports glasses.
- High Index – A thinner, lighter option for stronger prescriptions.
- Progressives – Progressive lenses provide sharp vision at any distance. They allow you to see distance, computer and near distances with no image jump or visible line
- Polarized – Polarized lenses are essential if you spend any time outdoors and/or are sensitive to glare. A polarized filter blocks horizontal light, minimizing glare off of water and snow. Polarized lenses help you see better in all seasons, not just in the summer and also have the added benefit of blocking blue light.
- No Glare/Anti-Reflective Coating – Adding an anti-reflective coating (ARC), it ensures you will have the clearest vision possible. This coating reduces glare, is scratch resistant and the best coatings repel oil, water and dust. The special engineering provides excellent clarity to help you see clearly during the day while sitting in front of your computer or devices and also at night when you’re driving and faced with glare from headlights and street lights.
- Transitions – If you’re tired of switching from sunglasses to glasses, Transitions may be the solution. These lenses quickly adapt from being clear and transparent indoors to dark outdoors in just seconds. The newest generation of these lenses are incredibly clear inside and boast a faster change time, transitioning to dark in less 20 seconds and less than 4 minutes once you return inside. Transitions are recommended for all ages and come in a range of colors.
Hours and Location
Our office is conveniently located in the Biewend Building with the entrance of the Wang/Citi Center marquee.
260 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02111
|Monday||8:30am – 5pm|
|Tuesday||8:30am – 5pm|
|Wednesday||8:30am – 5pm|
|Thurdsay||8:30am – 5pm|
|Friday||8:30am – 5pm|
Do you have a question?
Our New England Eyewear staff are available by phone or through the contact form below. We look forward to connecting with you!
Please allow 48-72 business hours for our team to respond. For immediate assistance, please call us at 617-636-5857.