The New England Eye Center Contact Lens Service is dedicated to providing the highest quality contact lens care. We offer a complete range of lenses, from the simplest cosmetic contacts to the most sophisticated therapeutic lenses.
Our expertise enables us to fit patients who are new to wearing contact lenses, as well as those who have previously failed with contact lenses. We offer the following cosmetic contact lenses:
- Soft daily wear lenses
- Disposable lenses
- Planned replacement lenses
- Colored lenses
- Enhancement tinted lenses
- Astigmatic lenses
- Bifocal lenses
- Extended wear lenses
- Rigid gas-permeable lenses
Therapeutic Contact Lenses
The Contact Lens Service specializes in the therapeutic use of lenses for the rehabilitation of the following conditions:
Adult and Pediatric Aphakia
Lenses are used to correct vision after cataract.
Keratoconus is a corneal disease which causes severe astigmatism. Contact lenses afford better vision than spectacles.
Patients with a high degree of nearsightedness are known to attain better vision with the use of contact lenses.
Albinism is a lack of pigment in the iris and retina. Colored lenses are used to reduce severe light sensitivity or photophobia.
Anisometropia is a large difference in refractive error between the eyes, which is more comfortably corrected with contact lenses.
Amblyopia or “lazy eye” is a condition in which contact lenses may be used when the traditional methods of visual rehabilitation fail.
The Contact Lens Evaluation
- A comprehensive eye exam is required within one year prior to contact lens evaluation.
- At your contact lens evaluation you will be examined to see if you are a candidate for contact lens wear. This will include an updated eyeglass prescription, the measurement of the corneal curvature, a modified health assessment of the eye, and an in-office trial with diagnostic lenses.
- The contact lens evaluation and the lenses are usually NOT covered by insurance.
- To determine your exact benefits, please contact your member services representative at your insurance provider.
Schedule an appointment or contact us at 617-636-4600.