Victoria North, MD specializes in ophthalmic plastic, orbital, reconstructive, and aesthetic surgery. Her surgical interests include ptosis (droopy eyelids); eyelid malposition; brow and forehead lifts; thyroid eye disease; cancers of the eyelid and orbit; and lacrimal/tear drainage disorders in both adult and pediatric patients. She also specializes in non-surgical facial rejuvenation with neurotoxin (Botox) and soft-tissue fillers.
ASOPRS Combined New York Fellowship in Oculoplastics (Columbia, Cornell, New York University, Manhattan Eye Ear and Throat Hospital)
Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School/Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons
Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology, Tufts University School of Medicine
American Board of Ophthalmology
Professional Honors and Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Jason Horowitz Clinical Fellow Teaching Award, Edward S. Harkness Eye Institute
- Glasgow-Rubin Achievement Award
American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (candidate member) New York Oculoplastics and Orbit Society American Academy of Ophthalmology
- North VS, Tran AQ, Kazim M. Orbital adenoid cystic carcinoma arising from nasopharyngeal salivary gland origin. Radiother Oncol. 2022;168:104-105.
- Tran AQ, Zhou HW, Nanda T, Godfrey JJ, Tooley AA, North VS, Kazim M. Evolution of asymmetric proptosis during the active phase of thyroid eye disease. Orbit. Published online July 8, 2022:1-5.
- Habib LA, North VS, Freitag SK, Yoon MK, Lefebvre DR, Lee NG. Medical comorbidities and orbital implant exposure. Acta Ophthalmol. Published online July 7, 2021.
- North VS, Tran AQ, Lisman RD. Commentary on: Current upper blepharoplasty and ptosis management practice patterns among the aesthetic society members. Aesthet Surg J. 2021;41(5):NP210-NP213.
- Schmuter G, North VS, Tran AQ, Maniar A, Kazim M. Alterations in Oculoplastics Practice Patterns during COVID-19: A Call for Preparedness. Facial Plastic Surg. 2022;38(02):219-220.
- North VS, Reshef ER, Lee NG, Lefebvre DR, Freitag SK, Yoon MK. Lower eyelid malposition following repair of complex orbitofacial trauma. Orbit. 2020 Dec 22; 1-6.
- North VS, Habib L, Yoon MK. Merkel cell carcinoma of the eyelid: A review. Surv Ophthalmol. 2019;64(5):659-667.
- North VS, Freitag SK. A review of imaging modalities in thyroid-associated orbitopathy. Int Ophthalmol Clin. 2019;59(4):81-93.
- North VS, Campbell AA, Callahan AB, Wilcsek G, Kazim M. Enhanced Fasanella-Servat procedure for the graded repair of blepharoptosis. Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg. 2017; 33(6):474-476.
- North VS, Kazim M. Lateral orbitotomy. In: Agarwal V (Ed), Surgery Of The Orbit in Neuro-Oncology: Indications, Techniques, and Nuances. [Publication in process]
- North VS, Gardiner MF. Pre-operative management of open globe injuries. In: Grob S, Kloek C (Eds), Management of Open Globe Injuries. Springer; 2018.
- North V, Bearelly S. Age-Related Macular Degeneration. In: Casper, DS and Cioffi, GA (Eds), The Columbia Guide to Basic Elements of Eye Care. New York: Springer; 2019.