The Boston Image Reading Center (BIRC) at the New England Eye Center provides image interpretation support to sponsors conducting ophthalmic clinical trials. We leverage the expertise of our world-class faculty and specialize in providing rapid, reliable, and reproducible image assessment by expert graders in a secure web-based portal. Image interpretations and data storage are provided in an environment that meets or exceeds HIPAA/HITECH standards.
Our services range from clinical protocol development, consultations, imaging support, a secure web-based portal for image upload and transmission, reliable and reproducible image interpretation, data storage and archiving, and assistance with advisory board meetings. We analyzemany types of retinal images, including color fundus photographs, fundus autofluorescence, fluorescein angiography, indocyanine green angiography, microperimetry, multifocal ERG, and a variety of OCT techniques including time domain, spectral domain, swept source, and OCT angiography.
Key differentiators of our service to ensure the highest quality study and analysis coupled with efficiency, include:
- Highest level of quality control with emphasis on accuracy and inter-observer and intra-observer reliability and reproducibility
- Continuous and ongoing quality assessment
- Secure transmission platform
- Easy-to-use internet-based platform for image upload/download
- Cloud-based and physical servers for storage of digital data
- Quick turnover of image analyses
- Founders include academic ophthalmologists who are KOLs and advisors to drug and device companies
- Emphasis on customer service with accessibility and customization based on client needs
- Ability to interpret images from nearly all commercially-available imaging devices