Work within the Vision Research Laboratories encompasses all laboratory-based programs, as well as clinical research funded by the National Eye Institute.
The focus of our multi-disciplinary programs ranges from the most basic investigations into the nature of genes and proteins, to targeted studies on mechanisms of eye disease, to ophthalmic biotechnology development, to clinical research and clinical trials. Our investigations cover all categories of eye disease.
Areas of research concentration include:
- Basic Mechanisms of Corneal Repair and Failure to Heal
- Pathogenic Mechanisms of Glaucoma
- Ophthalmic Genetics and Epidemiology
- Gene Therapy and Translational Research
- Optical Coherence Tomography
- Retinal Regeneration
- Transgenic Models of Eye Development and Disease
New England Eye Center believes that integration of laboratory and clinical research is essential for significant advances to occur. Our programs are distinguished by such integration, and we continually strive to improve.